Our upcoming meetings are listed below:
- Monday night meetings are at the Waverley Library, Level 1, Theatrette. There is the opportunity to catch up with other beekeepers and members over tea and biscuits and we usually have a specific topic or presentation for each of the meetings (see below for topics). Non-members are welcome to come along ($5 for non-members at the door. Free: $0 for members).
- Sunday April 15th 2018 – Apiary Field Day. Randwick Environment Centre, 27 Munda St. 9am-11am (bookings essential – see Eventbrite listing on the calendar to the left). Committee Meeting following the field day. Members can stay around to listen if they like. This may be the final apiary field day for the season. Picnic/snacks at the end of the apiary component.
- 30th April 2018 – Monday Night Meeting. Waverley Library 6.20-7.30pm. “Urban bees, neighbours, the Biosecurity Act and the DPI; Mr Mark Page DPI Bee Biosecurity Officer and a club member’s experience”. Come and hear the interesting real story of Biosecurity and the DPI, and disgruntled neighbourly tensions to do with keeping bees in our urban setting!
- Saturday 12th May 2018 – Anaphylaxis and CPR Course (open to a limited number of bee club members 9.30am-1.30pm. $100 for members ($120 for non-members) includes both courses with acreditation, morning tea and sustenance over an informative morning. The course is run by trained staff from Surf Life Saving NSW. For bookings and further information about the courses and accreditation https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/anaphylaxis-and-cpr-courses-sydney-bee-club-tickets-44965991491
For other questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 26th May 2018 – Apiary Field Day. Subject to the season. Randwick Environment Centre, 27 Munda St. 9am-11am (bookings essential – see Eventbrite listing on the calendar to the left).
- 28th May 2018 – Monday Night Meeting. Waverley Library 6.20-7.30pm
- 25th June 2018 – Monday Night Meeting. Waverley Library 6.20-7.30pm
If you’d like to hear/see/ or suggest a particular topic or bee related speaker, please email us: email@example.com
Our upcoming events are listed to the left (or below if you are on a mobile device). We post them on Eventbrite. Click on the link for details and field day bookings.
Field days. It is important to pre-register / book (as numbers in the apiary are limited). Do this via Eventbrite.
We unfortunately can’t accommodate children under 8 at the apiary field days. Children from 9 to 15 years must be supervised by a responsible guardian/adult and have their own protective suit (we don’t have children’s suits to hire at this stage).